If you want to experience the real Spanish culture, you should drink a good sangria in the typical Spanish botellon.
Getting involved in the Spanish culture is easy if you know how to make typical Spanish Sangria.
INGREDIENTS (For 6 people):
- Red wine
- White wine
- Soft drink/soda
- Fruit juice
- Fruits, such as oranges, watermelon, strawberries, lemon, peaches…
- Liquor, such as rum
- Mint leaves
Add different quantities depending on the level of the fiesta. Normally a whole bottle of each drink should be enough. Though, if you want to increase the quantities, just make sure you have someone to take you home afterward.
How to make the typical Spanish Sangria
Before starting with the recipe, you should know that the best way to drink sangria is by preparing the sangria just before it is consumed and with cold ingredients.
OK, LET’S START THE FIESTA!
- Firstly, place the sugar in a large bowl, cut the fruits such as watermelon, strawberries, peaches… into pieces and add them to the container.
- Secondly, pour the juice of 3 oranges and a lemon, as well as the soda.
- Then, crush everything with a spoon.
- Finally, pour the red wine and the rum. Mix again and add the mint leaves.
- If you want it colder, add a dozen ice cubes. It is better if it is very cold.
- Lastly, pour the sangria into a jar, and then introduce a wooden spoon.
- And that’s it. You have the best Spanish typical Sangria. Now it is time to enjoy the botellon in Spain!
The secret to make a Typical Spanish Sangria is to keep the whole process cold, so don’t forget to buy the ice!